Friday, August 21, 2009

"Name This Dress" Contest Winner

Thank you so much everyone for playing! I had so much fun and I hope you did too. After going through 580 comments, roughly 1500 dress names....I've finally chosen a winner. It was VERY VERY difficult, I spent almost 3 hours reading all the names. There were so many good ones, some that made me laugh ("The Mamasita Smurf Dress" & "I'm on a boat dress" - you have to have seen the SNL episode to understand that one) LOL, some made me want to go back on vacation, and some made me crave for blueberry pie (I NEED BLUEBERRY PIE!). BTW You ladies have to check out "The Blueberry Boy Bait" recipe (Thanks Klassy C for the delish recipe). After watching Julie and Julia, I think I'm going to have to make this recipe this weekend! I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyway, after much thought, the winning name for the dress is....."Sail Me To the Moon Dress" by Ali!



The reasons why I chose this name are because:
1. I LOVE Frank Sinatra
2. This dress reminds me of a waltz and anything ocean related (waves, sailing, etc)
3. The name subtly ties together all these things

So CONGRATS TO ALI!!!!

Thanks all! Stay tuned for the next "Name This" Contest!

6 comments:

Rohit said...

I really like the design of your dresses.They are really very good.......

Rohit

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Anonymous said...

Great choice!

My Passport to Style said...

Oh what a sweet choice of name and so perfect for this dress! Im a huge Frank Sinatra fan,he is so charming! Sx

Unknown said...

I LOVE Blueberry Boy Bait- I made it last year for a bake off and won second place! :)

Jewelry By Artwark (all works COPYRIGHT) said...

HELLO! your polka dot skirt is featured at my blog for SATURDAY NIGHT STYLE this week :D

www.artwark.blogspot.com

xo
Sarah

Sarah said...

Love the choice (even if it wasn't mine). It's perfect for that dress!