Thursday, August 25, 2011

Project DIY: Ruche's Blush Margarita

By Guest Blogger - Jaclyn Giuliano

When the sweet people at Ruche asked me to craft a cocktail for them, I was so
excited to share something that would be fun, perfect for summer, and of course
a little girly. I instantly thought of my family trips to Hawaii when I would always
ask to buy a carton of POG to have on hand during our stay. It’s a perfect blend of
passion fruit, orange, and guava juices, that I have never found back home. Countless
trips to the grocery store have turned up a number of pineapple/orange/guava
combinations, but never the POG I remembered. After picking up two frozen bags of
guava and passion fruit purees, I knew the only way to get the tropical feeling would
be to mix up my own blend.

Since summers remind me of beaches, long nights, and icy cocktails with friends,
I felt the perfect way to enjoy a homemade POG blend was as a pinky blush hued
margarita and the blend of fresh orange juice, guava, and passion fruit purees
seemed like a great thing to share with Ruche to celebrate a late summer cocktail.

The juice is great on its own and can even be mixed with a little sparkling water and
lime juice to give it an extra bubble.

To make the POG juice:
3 cups fresh orange juice
2 cups frozen guava puree*
2 cups frozen passion fruit puree*
*Look for Goya brand
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup water

-Blend all ingredients in a large pitcher and add more sugar to taste if needed

To make the Blush Margarita:
¼ cup silver tequila
¼ cup triple sec
½ cup POG juice
1 lime wedge
sugar for rimming glass

-Pour sugar onto a plate and rim short glass with a lime wedge. Dip the glass rim in
sugar
-Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes and shake.
-Pour into glass a top with lime wedge


Guest Post by Jaclyn Giuliano of Stay in the Lines.

No comments: